Friday, August 2, 2013

My Blog Needs More Comic Book Stuff: A List of Current Series I Follow

While you may be able to guess what books I'm following diligently from the weekly reviews that I try to put up, I've never formally announced what series I actually am reading. So I thought I would put together a short list of all the books I'm reading and that I am trying to catch up on! For any of my readers who don't really read comic books but want to get into the comic book world, picking up any of the #1 issues for these books would probably be a good starting point, especially if you want to get into the Marvel Universe, since I am a HUGE Marvel fan.

Here is what I am currently caught up with and reading on a consistent basis: 

  • Young Avengers by Keiron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie 
  • Captain Marvel by Kelly Sue DeConnick and various artists 
  • X-Men Vol. 4 by Brian Wood and Olivier Copiel 
  • Guardians of the Galaxy by Brian Michael Bendis and various artists
  • Hawkeye by Matt Fraction and David Aja
  • Captain Ultimate by Joey Esposito, Benjamin Bailey, and Boykoesh
And here are the series that I am working on catching up with: 
  • Avengers by Jonathan Hickman and Jerome Opena
  • Adventure Time by Ryan North, Aaron Renier, Braden Lamb, and Shelli Paroline
  • FF Vol. 2 by Matt Fraction and Mike Alfred
  • Nova by Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness 
  • Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender and John Cassady 
OK so I never realized how many series I am actually reading until I wrote them all down. Thankfully they don't all come out in the same week so I'm not shoveling piles of money into Marvel's bank account. And to think I want to find even more series to read! 

No comments:

Post a Comment